Frequently Asked Questions
What about the Placement Scenario?
- BIM has an excellent placement record since inception. The average salary offered by the companies for the 34th Batch (2017-2019):
- Highest: 17.00 Lakhs per annum
- Average: 10.00 Lakhs per annum
- Median: 9.00 Lakhs per annum
- Minimum: 6.50 Lakhs per annum
- Companies from all sectors viz., Manufacturing, Consulting, BFSI, FMCG, IT&ITes, etc., regularly recruit from BIM
How can I obtain the Application form of BIM?
- Prospectus and application form can be obtained only through Online Registration.
- Online registration can be done at www.bim.edu with an option to pay by Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking / Demand Draft.
- Payment of Rs.1450/- (Rs.950/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates) can be made through Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking / Demand Draft. If payment to be made through Demand Draft, it should be drawn in favour of ‘Bharathidasan Institute of Management’ payable at Tiruchirappalli. Also enter the Demand Draft details while filling up the online application form.
Whether BIM accept the scores of GMAT, XAT or any other similar test for Admission?
For 2020-2022 Admissions, BIM accepts only CAT 2019 scores.
What are the important dates for applications?
- Commencement of Online Registration 14th November 2019
- Last date for submission of BIM-MBA Application form thro’ Online 31st January 2020 (10.00 pm)
When do I need to submit the original documents to support the data I have filled in the form?
The original documents are required during the interview process. Subsequent document verification also takes place post selection, once the course begins. Every achievement and extra-curricular activity mentioned should be substantiated with proof, absence of which at later stages of the admission process would invalidate the stated claim of the applicant.
What are all the specialisations offered by BIM?
- Systems, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance and Operations.
What is the total fee structure?
- Total Programme fee is approximately Rs.14,50,000/- for the two years, excluding Mess expenses which may come to approx. Rs.40,000 p.a. (likely to vary)
Does BIM arrange for any educational loans?
- BIM is listed by State Bank of India in List-B Institutions of SBI Scholar Loan (Educational) scheme upto Rs.20 Lakhs without collateral.
Requirements by State Bank of India to provide Scholar Loan to BIM students
State Bank of India, Heavy Electricals, BHEL Township, Kailasapuram, Tiruchirappalli will provide Scholar Loan to BIM Students. The documents required by SBI for Scholar Loan are given below:
Dear students of BIM, Trichy,
We are pleased to inform you that STATE BANK OF INDIA, RBO IX Trichy will sanction SBI SCHOLAR LOAN to all the eligible students of BIM, TRICHY. We request you to come prepared with the copies of the following documents besides completed application issued by us to process your loan at the earliest.
- Attested copies of Mark Sheet from X- Std to last qualifying examination.
- Letter of admission to the course evidencing the duration and commencement of the course issued by the competent authority.
- Schedule of Expenses for the course (Fee Structure).
- Proof of Permanent address (Passport, Ration Card or any other document issued by the state government etc.,)
- PAN Card Copy
- Aadhaar Card
- Photo proof of identity (Driving License / Passport, Ration Card or any other document issued by the state government etc., any one of the above)
- Proof of Permanent address (Passport, Ration Card or any other document issued by the state government etc., any one of the above)
- Proof of Income (Certificate from Revenue authorities, Form – 16 for salaried employees, Tax returns etc.,)
- Assets and Liabilities statement
- PAN Card Copy
- Aadhaar Card
Documents that are Jointly to be Executed by the Student and Parent / Guardian
- Consent letter for Credit Information Bureau of India Ltd (CIBIL)
- Details of Joint Account in SBI by the student and parent / guardian – Copy of Passbook
- Affidavit on STAMP PAPER (value as prevailing in the Native State) declaring of not having availed any educational loan from other Banks or Branches of SBI. (For Tamil Nadu candidates – Affidavit in Rs.20/- Non-Judicial stamp paper.)
- Certificate from the Thasildar of Place of Domicile for income proof (For those students who wish to avail interest subsidy form the respective Government Office)
Wish you all success in your carrier.
State Bank of India, RBO IX Trichy .
Contact Person: Shir Mahendran, Branch Manager, Mob.: 9445861722
ORDER OF DOCUMENTS
- Fee structure (Original)
- CAT 2019 Score card
- Proof of Admission / Call letter
- UG consolidated mark sheet and individual mark semester wise marksheet
- Degree certificate / Provisional Certificate
- +2 mark sheet
- 10th mark sheet
- PAN Card
- Proof of Admission
- Fee paid bills (Original)
- Ration/Voter Id/ Driving license/ Passport / Aadhar (2 copies)
- Affidavit (Rs.20 stamp paper & notarized) (Original) – For Tamil Nadu candidates – Rs.20/- Non-Judicial stamp paper
- 3 passport size photographs
- PAN card (2 Copies)
- Ration/Voter Id/ Driving license/ Passport (2 Copies)
- Income Certificate/Form 16/ IT return (Original)
- Assets and Liabilities (Original)
- CIBIL consent letter (To be signed by both student and parent) (Original)
- 3 passport size photographs
- Aadhaar Card
* All photocopies to be self attested.
*ORIGINALs to be brought for verification.
- Fees payable to college/school/hostel
- Examination/ Library/ Laboratory fees
- Purchase of books/equipments/instruments
- Travel expenses/expenses on exchange programme
- Purchase of computer/laptop
- Caution deposit / building fund/ refundable deposit supported by Institution bills/ receipts [not to exceed 10% of the tuition fees for the entire course].
- Any other expenses related to education.
Is there any scholarship scheme available?
- No, BIM does not offer any scholarships for the students.
Is there any reservation policy for BIM Admissions?
- Yes. As per Government of Tamil Nadu Norms.
Is there any age limit to pursue MBA programme in BIM?
- There is no age limit to apply for BIM.
Does BIM have any separate quota for NRI candidates?
- No BIM does not have any separate quota for NRI candidates.
Whom should I contact if I have a question regarding the status of the application?
- You can route all your admissions related queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Is it a residential program?
- Yes, BIM-MBA is a two-year full-time residential programme for all students. All students should mandatorily reside on campus.
Is it necessary to have work experience to apply for the programme?
- No, work experience is not mandatory for applying to this programme. But students with work experience are preferred.
What is the total intake of the MBA programme?
- The intake of MBA programme for 2020-2022 batch is 120 students.
Is bringing a laptop necessary?
- It is not compulsory to have a laptop. We have Computer centre near the hostels with necessary facilities. However, bringing your own laptop will make it easy for the student.
What is the geographical mix of the students at BIM?
- Every batch at BIM shall have representation from more than 15 States in India. However, about 60% of the batch may be from four southern States.
What is done for Personality Development at BIM?
- Personality Development is an integral part of BIM-MBA curriculum. It has several dedicated courses like
- Personality Growth Laboratory
- Business Communication
- Public Speaking
- Grooming and Dining Etiquettes
BIM-MBA also has various clubs/committees that complement classroom efforts. They provide a platform for all students to work on their personality in real time.
How are the hostel facilities at BIM?
A 2BHK flat is allocated for four students which is pretty much spacious and convenient.
What is the scheme of evaluation followed?
BIM follows Trimester system, we have six trimesters in total.
How is mess facility at BIM?
At BIM, Mess is run by students we have MESSCOM, the mess committee with representatives from both PGP1 and PGP2 batches. The committee ensures food is of good quality with a mix of both North Indian and South Indian dishes and a transparent system without any frills.