In August 1984 Bharat Ratna Shri. C.Subramanian along with Prof.P.S.Mani Sundaram the Vice-Chancellor of Bharathidasan University chaired a meeting of leading academicians and Industrialists and an idea was born. Their dream was to create an Academy that would be
- Grounded in strong theoretical inputs
- Have proactive partnership with a large organization
- Provide students with a REAL WORLD learning environment
With this vision in mind a partnership was signed with BHEL to create the country’s first ever Management Institute that would be housed inside an industrial giant. Thus was born Bharathidasan Institute of Management – School of Excellence. BIM offers one of the most coveted MBA programmes in India. Entry to this course is through a rigorous selection process. BIM has an annual intake of 120 students. Not applied for accreditation by NBA.
BIM has a strong and close-knit alumni presence of over 3600 professionals invested with the responsibilities of driving change in organizations today. Encompassing the continuous and comprehensive inputs from the recruiters, the alumni interactions and Management Development Programmes, the curriculum is designed to uphold and exceed the expectations and future needs of the industry.
To be an innovative, socially responsive and inclusive institute of excellence in management education
- Nurture socially responsible and competent leaders
- Foster innovative practices in curriculum, pedagogy and industry engagement for holistic student development
- Provide access to quality management education for all sections of the society
- Engage in meaningful research and share knowledge with community & industry